- Austin, TX
What you'll be doing
- The staff pharmacist dispenses medications and monitors and evaluates prescribed therapies and all aspects of medication use and storage to promote the highest level of safe and cost-effective pharmaceutical care. Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures. Deliver comprehensive pharmaceutical services within the personnel, supply, and equipment capabilities of the facility. Counsel patients regarding appropriate use of medications. Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to closely monitor medication therapy. Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age specific dosage, and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients. Intervention with providers shall be made for noted discrepancy of above listed items. Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or processed by technical staff. Work closely with clinical staff in developing patient wellness programs such as smoking cessation programs and asthma classes. Provide medication information and medication therapy guidelines to the clinical staff as required. Provide medication and healthcare related in service training to clinical staff on new medications on the market; appropriate use of medications; comparison of current medication therapies; and other topics as deemed appropriate by the department head. Provide clinical direction to pharmacy personnel. Supervise inventory control of all pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy, especially scheduled pharmaceuticals, and ensure pharmacy security. Maintain appropriate records and security of all scheduled controlled substances according to applicable regulations.
What your background should be
- Two years hospital pharmacy experience. Required current Texas pharmacist license.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor of science in pharmacy from an accredited college or university.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org