- Ann Arbor, MI
What you'll be doing
- Participate in prescription dispensing processes such as patient profiling, computer prescription entry, filling of bottles, capsules or other package forms with measured amount of medication to prescriptions specifications and labeling. Confer with clinicians regarding specific drug therapy problem areas, such as dosage schedules, therapeutic incompatibilities, choice of alternate drugs, over-dosage, and under-dosage. Provide patients with mandatory patient medication counseling in accordance with federal and state laws. Participate in ongoing quality improvement/medical error prevention efforts including internal dispensing audits, compliance studies, and multidisciplinary quality improvement projects. Maintain records of pharmacy transactions as required by federal and state law and as necessary to maintain adequate control and accountability of all drugs. Formulate, compound, sterilize and maintain quality control of injectable preparations and allergy extracts. Perform pharmacy pharmaceutical purchasing and inventory control processes including acquisition, storage and security of pharmaceuticals. Assist in analyzing, comparing, and evaluating pharmacy process within the scope of responsibility. Maintain the approved stock of antidotes and emergency drugs in patient care areas. Provide assistance as a member of the medical emergency team and other medical situations which require urgent drug therapy. Assist in the education and training of undergraduate pharmacy students, technicians, and interns. Assist in the assurance of compliance with federal and state regulations and safety programs. Under the direction of ancillary services director or designee, assist in development, revision and implementation of unit policies, procedures and programs. Participate in conferences, staff development programs and workshops for pharmacy disciplines.
What your background should be
- Current registration as a registered pharmacist by the Michigan state board of pharmacy. Possession of a state narcotics license.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in pharmacy.
Who is the client company
- Client company concern about education services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org