- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Functions as a member of the collaborative interdisciplinary team providing comprehensive care to OB/GYN patients including phone triage. Aims to provide care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable. Performs onsite and telephone triage within scope of practice to ensure appropriate level of patient care. Communicates effectively escalating critical results and issues in an appropriate and timely manner. Assist staff regarding clinical necessity for insurance authorizations. Schedules surgery and procedures as necessary. Manages prescription refills within scope of practice. Assists in the clinical setting as necessary, possibly assist doctor in patient room. Provides exceptional customer service. Adheres to OSHA, CLIA and HIPAA guidelines. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum three years of nursing experience is required. Must have current state of Texas registered nurse licensure. Must knowledge of uses typical office and clinic equipment. Must be basic life support (BLS) certified. Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certified is preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in nursing.
Who is the client company
- The company is an academic health center.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org