- Redwood City, CA
What you'll be doing
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy. Formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes. Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner. Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies. Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members. Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures. Documents patient care and unit activities in a timely, accurate, and concise manner. Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs. Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution. Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events. Demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care of a designated patient population. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice. Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department of nursing personnel. Participates in unit and department performance improvement activities as directed. Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members. Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate. Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families. Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs. Identifies and solves problems effectively. Participates in nursing research activities as requested. Perform other related duties as necessary.
What your background should be
- Minimum 6 months of experience. Current license to practice as a registered nurse in California. Current basic life support (BLS) certification for health care providers. Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice. Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers). Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English). Good interpersonal skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
Who is the client company
- This is an integrated and one of the largest managed care organization in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com