Staff Engineer, Test Cell
- Bridgeport, WV
What you'll be doing
- The staff engineer will provide engineering support for test cell processes and technical issues during testing of the PT6, JT15D, PW300 and PW500 series engines. This includes resolving technical issues, monitoring trends in test cell/engine performance, coordinating test cell calibrations and upgrades (software, hardware, etc.), maintaining control program for test cell equipment (inventory, periodic maintenance schedule, etc.), maintaining engine test procedures and test configuration control, providing technical substantiation and implementation of cost reduction initiatives, and managing technical projects. The incumbent will document technical data generated to substantiate assigned projects, consistent with product and regulatory requirements. Analyze problems or difficulties and recommend/execute actions to be taken. Perform assignments broad in nature requiring substantial ingenuity and originality based on sound engineering principles. Interact with many support groups and departments to meet goals. Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives. Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical, project and program reviews. Ensure compliance with FAA regulations, established policies and procedure. Perform administrative functions. Control quality, cost, processes and material while ensuring customer satisfaction.
What your background should be
- Minimum 5 + years of manufacturing experience required. The applicant is required to have an extensive and demonstrable experience in data analysis, problem solving and solution implementation. Proven leadership skills exercised at all levels: individual, team, organization. The applicant is also required to have an extensive experience in continuous improvement methodology (ACE/Lean/Kaizen). Strong understanding of and utilization of EH&S and quality management systems and processes required. Strong project management experience; able to deliver results on time and under budget. Strong technical customer relations skills required. Strong presentation skills: able to convey ideas to multiple disciplines or multiple levels of the organization.
Required Schooling / Training
- 4 year bachelor of science degree required. Aerospace engineering degree; mechanical engineering degree; industrial engineering degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, small turbojet propulsion products and industrial gas turbines.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org