- Austin, TX
What you'll be doing
- Prepare reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including inter-company, as required by the corporate calendar. Analyze, identify and resolve all variances on a timely basis and assure that balance accurately reflects the asset or liability based on generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Analyzes financial transactions to ensure they are recorded to the appropriate general ledger accounts and makes any necessary corrections to journal entries as needed to properly reflect the financial position of the division. Prepares reconciliations of bank accounts on a weekly basis. Resolves all general ledger variances on a timely basis and assures that stale checks are resolved timely per office procedures. Reviews financial reports and prepares all necessary accrual entries to ensure financial statements are complete, accurate and in compliance with GAAP. Reviews prepaid balance sheet accounts monthly and ensure that all necessary entries are complete to produce financial statements that are accurate and in compliance with GAAP. Identifies and investigates inter-company and facility out of balance issues as needed on a monthly basis and coordinates with appropriate personnel to resolve and make any necessary corrections. Summarizes payroll analyses and prepares monthly accrual entries to assure adequate balance sheet provision. Participates in the monthly financial statement review to ensure accuracy of reporting and compliance with GAAP. Prepares monthly local purchase/project reconciliation as well as maintaining the fixed asset system. Maintains knowledge of new applicable laws and regulations that apply to the accounting function and healthcare industry. Completes special projects and other duties as assigned by management.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 1-2 years accounting experience. Functional knowledge of spreadsheet, accounting and word processing software. Proficient with Excel and must have a working knowledge of pivot tables. Must be detail oriented with good analytical, accuracy, and organizational skills. Accuracy is imperative. Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with upper management. Must be willing to work overtime as needed due to strict deadlines. Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative. Able to meet deadlines. Working outside of standard days and hours will be required in order to be successful in this position.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business.
Who is the client company
- This company operates urgent care centers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org