- Austin, TX
What you'll be doing
- Prepare reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including intercompany, as required by the corporate calendar. Analyze, identify and resolve all variances on a timely basis and assure that balance accurately reflect the asset or liability based on generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Analyze financial transactions to ensure recorded to the appropriate general ledger accounts and make any necessary corrections to journal entries as needed to properly reflect the financial position of the division. Prepare reconciliations of bank accounts on a weekly basis. Resolve all general ledger variances on a timely basis and assures that stale checks are resolved timely per office procedures. Review financial reports and prepares all necessary accrual entries to ensure financial statements are complete, accurate and in compliance with GAAP. Review prepaid balance sheet accounts monthly and ensure that all necessary entries are complete to produce financial statements that are accurate and in compliance with GAAP. Identify and investigate intercompany and facility out of balance issues as needed on a monthly basis and coordinate with appropriate personnel to resolve and make any necessary corrections. Summarize payroll analyses and prepare monthly accrual entries to assure adequate balance sheet provision. Participate in the monthly financial statement review to ensure accuracy of reporting and compliance with GAAP. Prepare monthly local purchase/project reconciliation as well as maintaining the fixed asset system. Maintain knowledge of new applicable laws and regulations that apply to the accounting function and healthcare industry. Prepare invoices to the joint venture and reconcile joint venture accounts complete special projects and other duties as assigned by management. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum 1-2 years of accounting experience. Functional knowledge of spreadsheet, accounting and word processing software. Proficient with excel and must have a working knowledge of pivot tables. Must be detail oriented with good analytical, accuracy, and organizational skills. Accuracy is imperative. Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with upper management. Must be willing to work overtime as needed due to strict deadlines. Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative. Able to meet deadlines.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or business.
Who is the client company
- This company operates urgent care centers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org