Sr. Welder (Container)
- Elgin, SC
What you'll be doing
- Sr. welder will perform preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoots, repairs, and rebuilds major components on compactors and containers. Ensure accurate diagnosis and effective repair and replacement of components. To perform this job successfully, an individual will preventive maintenance inspections, diagnoses and repairs compactors, containers, and carts. Perform moderately complex welding processes such as arc welding, gas welding, aluminum welding, brazing, plastic welding, and soft soldering on a variety of materials. Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing compactors and containers, documenting parts usage and accounting for repair times. Conduct safety checks on compactors and containers. Perform service calls for compactor repairs, emergency breakdowns and related work such as flame cutting, bending, forming, beveling, notching of metal and plastic parts. The candidate will perform standard layouts and set ups of dimensions and tolerances. Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts. Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Provide assistance, guidance and direction to lower level maintenance personnel and in the absence of supervision may provide container maintenance supervisory duties.
What your background should be
- This position required minimum four years of previous job related experience and valid driving license. Proficiency in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing compactors, containers and carts; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of compactors, containers and carts; skill in repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety of compactors, containers and carts; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program may be required. Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- One of the largest waste management firms in the United States that provides reliable and responsible recycling and waste disposal services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org