Sr. Tax Accountant
- Irving, TX
What you'll be doing
- The purpose of this job is to assist the tax manager with all tax compliance issues including preparation of all federal and state tax returns. Assist with monthly tax accruals as well as all transactional tax matters. Preparation of federal partnership tax returns and other tax compliance reporting. Preparation of multi-state income/franchise tax returns. Assist in preparation of all property tax renditions. Preparation and execution of property tax transmittals. Assist in preparation of all sales, use, and other transaction tax returns. Assist in preparation of all fuel tax returns. Assists in preparation of business license applications and renewals. Assist in federal and state tax audits. Maintain knowledge of tax laws and current developments. Take ownership of any ad-hoc projects.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience. CPA or a CPA candidate preferred. MLP experience a plus. Oil and gas experience preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of Great Plains, OneSource, PTMS preferred. Partnership, multi-state, and transactional tax experience required. Strong analytical skills, ability to work without supervision. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of employees and managers. Team player and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines. Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in accounting is required
Who is the client company
- Concern about crude oil, refined products and natural gas.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com