Sr. Network Security Engineer
- Jersey City, NJ
What you'll be doing
- This is a VP level position who will act as a team lead within the group. This person will be doing very heavy implementation with firewalls. The focus of this group in its entirety is to focus on improving the quality of service to clients by reducing hand-offs and driving consistency, standardization and efficiency. This group consolidates all logical and physical activities performed and most of global network services and distributed technology services, in the end to end delivery of services. You also deliver value-added advanced IP services products and services to meet business demands. In this role, candidate will focus on working with a team of senior engineers to consult with customers on application needs related to security, load balancing and advanced IP services technologies. Customer consulting to identify application security, load balancing and networking requirements. Performing configuration changes on provider. For checkpoint firewall environments. Performing configuration changes on pix management console for pix firewall environments. Troubleshooting on cisco pix / checkpoint firewalls. Designing, suggesting and implementing the local load balance configuration on cisco CSS/ACE and F5 devices. Designing, suggesting and implementing the reverse proxy configuration on bluecoat devices. Configuring route. maps on cisco switches. Configuring secure SSL certificates on cisco CSS/ACE and F5. Creating change requests for configuration changes on routers, switches and firewalls etc. Documenting complete project plan and change requests.
What your background should be
- 5+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on networking, security, and firewalls. Substantial experience in networking / IT security. Strong experience in routing and switching. Strong hands on experience with firewalls such as cisco pix and checkpoint. Strong hands on experience with local load balancers cisco CSS/ACE/GSS, big IP F5 preferred. Strong hands on experience with reverse proxy BlueCoat preferred. Proven customer facing experience and technical project management. Skilled level understanding of secure SSL certificates. Knowledge of enterprise change management process and tools. CCNP certification strongly preferred. One of the following certifications-cisco.certified security professional (CSSP)/checkpoint certified security associate ( CCSA) /securing network with PIX and ASA (SNPA) preferred. Possess excellent communication skills be able to operate at all levels.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors degree/diploma in engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
Who is the client company
- The company is a private talent management firm that provides IT staffing solutions and IT services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org