Sr. Mechanical Engineer
- Tulsa, OK
What you'll be doing
- Performs calculations and prepares sketches for specific segments of a project. Gathers information and prepares technical specifications for the parts of the project. Prepares information to be shown on drawings, coordinates work with drafters and designers and reviews drawings when completed. Assists in the preparation of man-hour and project cost estimates and schedules both internal and for the client. Prepares technical reports and correspondence for approval. Proficient with discipline specific software packages. Prepares project cost estimating. Assists with vendor inspection, startup, and commissioning. Interfaces with the clients technical personnel on specific project design items or tasks. Prepares and maintains design basis and assist with the project planning, scheduling, manpower estimates for specific disciplines. Identifies client requirements and develops specifications, drawings, instructions, calculations, reports and other materials in specific discipline as needed to complete project requirements. Interfaces with the client to assure discipline activities meet client requirements. Responsible for preparation and review of material requisitions and review of vendor drawings and bids to determine compliance with specifications. Checks drawings, specifications, reports and calculations of others on the project team. Consults with construction personnel, concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities. Devises new approaches and resolves problems relating to conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials and difficult coordination requirements. Assists with proposal preparation within specific discipline. Participate in project design reviews as directed by the chief discipline engineer. Supervises, coordinates and reviews the work of project team members to ensure compliance with scope of work and design basis; estimates personnel needs; prepares and controls schedules and budgets; and assigns work to team members. Reviews and may approve correspondence to the client pertaining to project technical issues. Responsible for review of constructability which may include consultation with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
What your background should be
- 15 years min experience in the mechanical engineering field. Must have recent prior experience in working for an engineering company in oil & gas or equivalent industry. PE license preferred. Experience in oil, gas or crude mandatory. Must be authorized to work in the us without any restrictions.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS in mechanical engineering from an accredited university.
Who is the client company
- The company is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org