- New York, NY
What you'll be doing
- Produce monthly financial statements (P&L and cash flow) summarizing results for the TV licensing business. Prepare analytical comparisons of current year results against multiple benchmarks, including the prior year, budget and prior quarter. Review monthly revenue transactions to ensure they are being recognized appropriately in the proper period. Prepare monthly journal entries for financial reporting while ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Prepare cash flow, foreign currency cash hedge, and withholding tax forecasts to assist company senior management in evaluating the company's progress towards meeting its financial targets and assess foreign currency exposure. Communicate any material variances to the previously submitted business plans to the company consolidations team and senior management. Prepare financial dashboards/summaries highlighting key business trends for senior management. Proactively identify internal process improvements and work with IT to test and implement them in order to optimize efficiencies and improve the quality of analysis.
What your background should be
- Minimum 4 years of professional accounting experience, including at least 2 years of public accounting experience. Ad-hoc analysis as required. Strong analytical skills with a solid background in accounting. Strong work ethic and organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of divisional staff and management. Ability to multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines. Strong Excel skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS/BA in accounting or finance.
Who is the client company
- This is an American premium cable and satellite television network.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org