SQL Server Database Administrator
- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Implement and support of SQL server database systems, reporting services, analysis services and integration services on enterprise and dedicated windows servers to support client OLTP applications and OLAP data warehouse and cubes (data marts). Implement and support of oracle database systems on HP hardware running Linux. Design, install, tune, maintain and monitor SQL server and oracle databases, products and services including but not limited to; storage management, DB performance tuning, DB software debugging, backup and recovery, and change/configuration maintenance. Work closely with technical and client management to design and implement SQL server and oracle databases, associated support tools and processes in support of both simple and complex business application development requirements and processes. Perform problem resolution and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques. Ensure standardization of systems implementation, support techniques, and adherence to formal processes, change control, best practices, and total quality practices in all activities. Participate in 24X7 (on-call) support rotations for SQL server and oracle database systems, products and services.
What your background should be
- Minimum 4+ years of production and development database administration experience in SQL server 2000/2005/2008/2012 and Oracle 10g/11g. Strong experience with installing and configuring new SQL server and Oracle releases, service of SQL server and Oracle databases such as EMC storage SAN, backup technologies, and business continuity. Solid understanding of DTS and SSIS. Solid understanding of the Windows and Linux server operating system. Working knowledge of proxies, firewalls, SMTP gateways, switches, and routers. Experience with SharePoint 2007/2010, Excel 2010 and Power Pivot, plus.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in CS or related field preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest privately-held outsourcing provider of call center management and collection agency services in North America.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com