SQL Reporting and Data Analyst
- Bellevue, WA
What you'll be doing
- Publish data as dashboards, spreadsheets, reports, and in other formats. Run ad-hoc reports for and queries as requested by management. Maintain and enhance existing reports. Quickly build a full understanding of the key databases used in reporting. Work closely with other departments (sales, marketing, and customer service, and accounting, network operations) to understand requirements and create or modify reports as required. Act as a mentor by explaining to internal customers what data are included in publications and how they are to be used. Write high quality requirements and design documents as appropriate. Review and analyze the reporting environment to make recommendations for improvements and upgrades.
What your background should be
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in an equivalent or closely related role. Proficient with complex queries and updates in Oracle, SQL. Proficient in PERL or other Linux scripting language. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including scripting. Proficient with the Linux/Unix command line. Understanding of basic accounting and financial concepts, understanding of OLAP database technology and data modeling, understanding of data warehousing and concepts like star-schema. Self-motivated and detail oriented. Excellent analysis, design and communication skills. Experience querying and updating MS SQL server desired. Experience with Obiee, Hyperion, Cognos, Tableau or other BI environment.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the leading one-stop shop for hosted exchange email, VoIP, file sharing, and other essential secure, mobile and integrated business cloud services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com