Specialist, Loss Control
- Columbus, OH
What you'll be doing
- Visits existing or prospective customer business locations and evaluates operation based on industry loss control practices. Discusses business, policies and practices, consumers and other relevant information necessary to fully understand business and risks. Measures, surveys and values facilities, equipment and business. Surveys operations to evaluate risks against industry standards and recommends solutions and services that support the policyholder in reducing and preventing future losses. Prepares loss analysis in advance of site visits to understand industry, line of business or historical loss information for the client. Conducts special studies and keeps management informed of problem areas, trends and developments. Creates comprehensive written survey reports and recommendations that address hazards and controls associated with customer business and insurance needs and coverage. Provides risk assessment and recommendations regarding risk selection to underwriting for evaluation and pricing. Develops specialized education programs and training materials regarding such areas as product safety, building design and construction, protection systems, etc., for those persons with operations authority within an account. Performs other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum 6 years of commercial loss control, safety, IH or fire protection experience is preferred. Strong relationship, marketing and consulting skills required to interact with underwriting, agents, policy holders, managers, third parties and team members. Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to operate a personal computer and other business equipment, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS/BA degree in occupational/industrial safety, engineering.
Who is the client company
- Concern about insurance and financial services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com