- Claymont, DE
What you'll be doing
- The Specialist select and administer formal and informational assessments to determine student eligibility for special education services according to federal and Delawares administrative manual for special education services. Participate/facilitate IEP meeting regarding eligibility, IEP development, appropriate placement, manifestation determinations and transition. Provide staff development training to assist school personnel in the identification and understanding of students with disabilities (if requested). Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other documentation required (paper and student management computer system). Comply with policies established by federal and state law in the area of assessment, placement, and planning for special education services. Consult with parents and staff concerning the educational and emotional /behavioral needs of students and interpretation of assessment data. Represent the company in IEP meetings for students placed in programs outside of the district.
What your background should be
- Current Certification as a Teacher of Exceptional Children Special Education. Must have at least 3 years experience as a special education teacher. Must have a high degree of organizational skills as well as computer literacy. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Required Schooling / Training
- Must have a Bachelor degree in special education. Master degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org