Special Programs Classroom Aide (SCC)
- Odessa, TX
What you'll be doing
- Special programs classroom aide is responsible to assist in the implementation of students IEP (Individualized Educational Plan). The duties and responsibilities of the incumbent are but not limited to exercise initiative in developing creative activities to supplement and reinforce learning; assist the children in transferring to and from different locations, as needed; assist students in self-help needs such as: toileting, diapering, feeding and positioning; assist the children with coats and other articles of clothing which cannot be handled by children with disabilities; maintain CPR/first aid certification; assist the teacher in creating an atmosphere that is conducive to learning; assist the teacher in material and room maintenance; be familiar with all materials kept in classroom as well as those that are brought in at various intervals; assist the teacher in keeping materials stored in proper places when not in use; be punctual; conduct group activities; be able to accept the teacher as engineer of the classroom, realizing that as the teacher exercises authority, he/she also assumes and is accountable to other school authorities and parents for the instructional program of the room; be subject to transfer or reassignment as necessary; ask for clarification of policies as necessary; reproduce material as directed by the teacher. The special programs classroom aide will also perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the executive director of special education.
What your background should be
- The candidate must have the experience in working with children and the ability to meet the no child left behind requirements. Temperament to work with students with disabilities is required. The applicant is also required to have the ability to maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students and administrators.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client is a public school district based in Odessa, Texas that operates two comprehensive 5-A high schools, a new tech high school and an advanced technical center.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com