Special Education Teacher
- Bourbonnais, IL
What you'll be doing
- The candidate will instruct individuals and groups in special education skill areas. S/he will plan and prepare lesson plans, and special education programs and teaching methods based on the district curriculum, monitor student progress in general education and special education classrooms. An ideal applicant will maintain physical environment of the classroom and contact with parents of students on caseload. S/he will also evaluate student progress based on work completion, and observation, tests and mastery of IEP goals. An ideal applicant will prepare report cards, educational records, IEP forms, classroom observation records, and other forms as requested. The applicant will maintain a professional and positive rapport with parents/co-workers/administration/school board.
What your background should be
- The applicant should have valid Illinois teaching certificate in area of study required by i.S.B.E. guidelines and regulations. An individual may work with mathematical concepts such as probability, basic algebra, and fundamentals of geometry. S/he should have ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. S/he will also need to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program. Ability to plan and implement lessons to address the needs and abilities of students. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, peers and administration.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or higher.
Who is the client company
- This is a public secondary school.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com