Special Education Aide AI Communication Facilitator (RSDPD)
- Odessa, TX
What you'll be doing
- Demonstrate skills in communicating with auditorially impaired students on many different levels of understanding. Provide communication between mainstreamed teacher and special teacher of the deaf. Be positive and pleasant when working with students. Operate audio visual and classroom equipment. Assist the teacher in preparing materials for classroom. Conduct group and individual activities with students. Check hearing aids and auditory training equipment and record/report problems. Refer questions about the RDSPD program or students in the program to the teacher and maintain all aspects of student confidentiality. Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor of the RDSPD or school principal.
What your background should be
- To interpret spoken and signed communication for auditorially impaired students when in mainstream classes and to assist the teacher in the deaf education classroom in carrying out the prescribed instructional program for each student. Ability to maintain effective working relationship with teachers and students. Knowledge of signing exact english (SEE-II) and ability to communicate with profoundly auditorially impaired students (BEI Interpreter certification through Texas commission for the deaf).
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree or 60 college hours exceeding.
Who is the client company
- The client company operates with one central mission to provide a world class education for child.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com