- Huntington Beach, CA
What you'll be doing
- Sort and segregate recoverable materials (e.g., aluminum, plastic, glass, paper, etc.) from incoming waste. Deposit recoverable materials safely and efficiently into appropriate chute. Assist other sorters on an as-needed basis with heavy or bulky items. Follow all company safety policies and procedures, including stopping the conveyor belt in emergency situations. Inspect incoming loads for unacceptable waste; remove unacceptable items as required. Communicate with equipment operators regarding incoming loads of special waste or other loads that require special attention. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- One year of previous experience working around heavy machinery. Ability to adhere to company policies and rules that are set forth; promotes the company's safety standards; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest non-hazardous solid waste management companies in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com