- Oakland, CA
What you'll be doing
- Prepares and positions patient for examination. Selects equipment for use in ultrasound setup according to specifications of examination. Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test. Starts equipment that produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout or film. Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of body and observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced. Photographs images of organs shown on display module or removes strip printout from equipment to obtain permanent record of internal examination. Keys test data and patient informations into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results. Orients new hires. Performs other related duties as necessary.
What your background should be
- Must have two ARDMS (American registry of diagnostic medical sonographers) registries in any specialty. Must demonstrate competency and perform both specialties routinely. Must have good communication skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Who is the client company
- This is an integrated and the largest managed care organization in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com