Software Development Senior Advisor (COBOLMainframe)
- Lincoln, NE
What you'll be doing
- The software development senior advisor is primarily mainframe (COBOL) based. Designs, codes, tests, and documents software programs for systems of high complexity as per the requirements specifications. The candidate utilizes COBOL, DB2, CICS, REXX, CLIST, Endevor, XPEDITOR and other mainframe tools. S/he understands customer requirements, develops, and evaluates alternative systems solutions. The applicant applies research, information gathering and analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope. Implements and helps develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate to high complexity. The incumbent translates high-level specifications for software components into technical specification documents. Involved with resolution of complex software development issues that may arise in a production environment. Analyzes problems, conducts root cause analysis and help in resolution of problems using defined problem management procedure and help in application support and maintenance of customer applications. Screens, categorizes, evaluates, reconciles, reports, and resolves data integrity issues. Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates unusual problems. S/he identifies issues beyond stated situation. Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters. This position refers to established policies and precedents as needed. S/he may sets project timeframes and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments. This role assumes responsibility to improve service, efficiency, and quality of work.
What your background should be
- The candidate with 10+ years of overall experience and strong knowledge in COBOL, DB2, CICS required. Expert level experience in tools such as Endevor, XPEDITOR, file aid and other mainframe tools required. Proven coordination skills and excellent communication skills with the customer are required. Proven ability to work in client workspace is required. The incumbent with knowledge of REXX and CLIST desired. Program management skills desired. Previous experience working with USA life insurance industry insurance projects desired. Loma certifications and coursework desired.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- The client is an American privately owned multinational computer technology company that develops, sells, repairs and supports computers and related products and services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org