Software Development Program Manager
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
What you'll be doing
- Software development program manager to establish and maintain an environment where the smartest, most productive, and fun to work with software professionals are motivated to do their best work. Responsibilities include manages and coaches teams on agile software development best practices. Hands on, leads client meetings, and facilitates discussions to generate ideas for new features and enhancements. Manages competing priorities to keep the team on track to deliver high quality releases following an agile development methodology. Stays current on the latest agile software development practices and communicates those to teams to constantly improve their quality and performance. Facilitates decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team members. Removes obstacles and constantly helps the team improve quality and production. Provides mentoring to bring team members contribution to a higher level. Oversees development of work statements, scope/priority definitions and the creation of budgets and schedules for large complex programs. Develops documents with appropriate standards and client requirements and needs. Oversees the selection of assigned personnel for projects. Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Acts as point of contact with client program management. Performs ongoing review of program status; identifies risks. Documents program progress including implementation, time lines, issues, risks and successes to maintain program course. Assesses results, determines, and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate. Maintains grade and quality of program deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements. Identifies and resolves matters of significance influencing the productivity of several large, complex, global programs. Oversees and implements changes and adjusts as appropriate. And much more..
What your background should be
- A successful candidate should have twelve or more years of project management experience. Experience working with project management methodology such as catalyst including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies including earned value management, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices. Experience working with quality management approaches and techniques. Experience working with delivery assurance policies, procedures, and principles to ensure compliance. Experience working with productivity and methodology tools that increase project efficiency and effectiveness. Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases. Project management certification (PMP) preferred. Department of defense (DoD) security clearance preferred. 10-15 years of overall software development experience and at least 5 years running agile teams. Public sector experience in contracting, statutory compliance, enforcement of standards and requirements, and delivery of mission services preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in computer science/electrical engineering/Information systems or related discipline, master degree in a related field preferred.
Who is the client company
- This multinational corporation provides information technology (IT) services and professional services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org