- Bloomington, IL
What you'll be doing
- Analyze the systems requirements, and the provided business requirements, to develop a systems solution. Build new and/or modify existing software to meet business and systems requirements through software component designing, coding, testing, and quality review. Develop technical specifications. Implement software solutions and resolve complex problems. Demonstrate/apply a thorough knowledge of industry leading mainframe development skills, tools, and programming language(s). Provide system software support for applications and components. Design, develop, test, debug, document, maintain, implement, and support mainframe applications/components.
What your background should be
- Experience must include mainframe development. Experience developing in mainframe languages such as COBOL, PL/1, Assembler, JCL, SAS. Strong CICS, DB2, VSAM and IMS development background preferred. Knowledge of life insurance desirable. Working knowledge of industry tools for configuration and change management. Experience in ITIL service management best practices desirable. Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (SDLC) desirable. Technical knowledge and skills applicable to assigned area. Problem solver. Ability to demonstrate learning agility. Verbal and written communication skills. Ability to translate highly technical information for non-technical customers. Ability to work within a team environment. Ability to manage multiple projects.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or related field.
Who is the client company
- This is a group of insurance and financial services companies in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com