SoftLayer Senior Systems Administrator
- Dallas, TX
What you'll be doing
- The senior systems administrator is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, designing, and supporting company advanced monitoring offerings based on NIMSOFT and plugin software. The candidate works directly with vendors on engineering level fixes. Works with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands basic routing concepts, fundamental TCP/IP, and system security. S/he writes administrative scripts (VBS, batch, and POWERSHELL). Applicant works with SQL driven applications, with working knowledge of using and maintaining SQL databases. S/he performs basic Microsoft system administration, troubleshooting, break/fix scenarios, maintaining backups, monitoring, OS installation and configuration, etc. This position also works with general Microsoft stack products, active directory, .net applications, backup, provisioning, clustering, and others. The role is responsible for taking large systems projects from start to finish.
What your background should be
- This job requires ability to work with development, networking, management, as well as project management skills. The candidate with 5+ years of hands-on technical experience with windows required. Incumbent should have experience in designing and implementing clustered and distributed systems/databases. This position should have working knowledge of networking and security fundamentals. S/he should have advanced troubleshooting skills, intermediate+ scripting and automation skills, demonstrated learner and prioritization skills, demonstrated ability to pay close attention to details, proven written and verbal communications skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma/GED required; bachelor degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com