- Murray, UT
What you'll be doing
- Works with the health care team to promote positive adjustment, rehabilitation and improved quality of life for our patients. In collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, informs trains and supports staff in understanding the emotional, psychological and behavioral impact of Chronic Kidney Disease on the patient and family to ensure comprehensive quality care of our patients. Responsible for driving the culture through values and customer service standards. Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, assesses patients psychosocial status, strengths and areas of need that may affect rehabilitation and optimal treatment outcomes as part of the comprehensive patient assessment. Participates in care planning in collaboration with the patient and healthcare team to identify effective interventions that will help the patient meet rehabilitation and treatment goals, improve quality of life. Provides established outcomes driven psycho-educational counseling methods aimed at improving areas of need, treatment adherence, vocational/educational rehabilitation and/or quality of life. In collaboration with the physician and nurse, facilitates the discussion of patient DNR status in the facility to ensure patient understanding and informed decision making. Provides information and assists the team and patient with referral to community resources (home health services, vocational rehabilitation, etc.) to facilitate optimal treatment outcomes. Provides ongoing education to patient/family regarding psychosocial issues related to End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and all support services that are available. Reviews patient rights and responsibilities, grievance information (company and network) and other facility policies with patient and/or the patients representative to ensure patients understanding of their rights and expectations of them. Collaborates with the team on appropriate QAI activities. Collaborates with facility team to ensure that all required admission documentation is prepared and forwarded to the Billing Department for processing. Collaborates with facility management,Financial Coordinators and Billing Group staff to address patient issues related to insurance. Maintains current knowledge regarding local vocational/educational rehabilitation programs and assists patients with referral and access to vocational rehabilitation to enable them to remain employed, become employed or receive education. Assists with the interview process and decision to hire new personnel if requested by CM or AM. Develops and provides training to staff pertaining to psychosocial topics as needed. Trains staff in Ultra Care Programs as needed. Collaborates with renal team to ensure environmental integrity and aesthetics are maintained and that all work areas are safe and clean.
What your background should be
- Current state licensure or appropriate certification/registration by the state if required in order to practice social work or be called a social worker. Experience with renal patients or other physically ill population preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Master Degree in social work with a concentration in clinical practice from a school of social work accredited by the Council on social work education (CSWE).
Who is the client company
- Concern about health care service
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com