- Canton, OH
What you'll be doing
- Independently performing case finding functions and outreach, identifying and screening patients for psychosocial needs. Assessing and providing treatment for mood disorders, post traumatic stress disorder and psychotic disorders. Developing treatment plans in collaboration with the veteran/family and with the interdisciplinary treatment team. Providing crisis intervention services, seeking to address the cause as well as the presenting complaint. Independently working with patients and families who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical, and social problems, substance abuse disorders through the utilization of individual and group counseling. Establishing and maintaining effective therapeutic relationships with veterans and the families. Providing the customer with consistent information according to established policies and procedures. Handling conflict and problems in dealing with the consumer constructively and appropriately.
What your background should be
- Applicant must possess one year of post-MSW degree professional social work experience in the field of health care and be licensed or certified in a state at the independent practice level. This experience must have been in a clinical setting and must have demonstrated the potential to perform advanced assignments independently. Proficient in computer.
Required Schooling / Training
- Master degree in social work.
Who is the client company
- The client organization provides patient care and federal benefits to veterans and their dependents.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org