Social Studies Teacher
- Reno, NV
What you'll be doing
- Under the general supervision of an administrator, a classroom teacher will implement school board policy regarding the educational curriculum of a particular instructional division and instructional unit. The teacher may teach one or more subjects. Candidate will maintain accurate records, reflects on teaching, support family and community partnerships, participate in a professional community, demonstrate professionalism, integrity and ethical conduct, demonstrate mastery of content and pedagogy, knowledge of students and resources. Set instructional outcomes for diverse learners, designs coherent instruction and student assessments aligned with common core state standards. Also, create an environment of respect and rapport, organize physical space to create a safe, accessible, and resource rich environment, manage classroom procedures and student behavior, establish a culture for learning, demonstrate cultural competency.
What your background should be
- Three years of verified contracted teaching experience with a bachelor degree and the ability to obtain a valid teaching license in Nevada. The teacher should be skilled at creating an effective environment for learning, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with teachers, administrators, counselors, and other staff members. The ability to establish and maintain standard of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom. Effective utilization of technology in instruction, planning, databased decision-making and monitoring of student achievement are expected.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor Degree from and accredited college or university with student teaching experience
Who is the client company
- It is one of the largest school district serving the Reno/Sparks and surrounding areas of Nevada.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com