Social Science Program Coordinator
- Baltimore, MD
What you'll be doing
- Develops policies, procedures and criteria, and conducts planning for administering all educational activities, to include conferences, trainings, programs, webpages and web-based educational content, didactic materials, training manuals, and products which promote the recovery of patients with serious mental illness. Possess extensive expertise in psychosocial rehabilitation (PSY-REHAB) for individuals with serious mental illness in order to serve as chief consultant, advising on PSY-REHAB and recovery practices and training other mental health providers in best practices for this population; and well-versed in the guidelines and regulations surrounding conferences, trainings, and programs. Includes, organizing, coordinating and overseeing all training and follow-up activities for initiatives on local, regional and national levels. Plans, promotes and develops educational programs and projects by stimulating activity and providing direction. Ensures the successful implementation of enriching clinical, education and training functions. Leads and presents management and scientific meetings with hub site program. Evaluates the program and personnel, prepares diverse reports to leadership and management, and prepares budget requests. Performs administrative functions related to these programs. Aides the sites in their annual recruitment efforts, national promotion of the education projects, and exposure to training in best practices for patients with serious mental illness.
What your background should be
- Experience and expertise of mental illness and psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery practices in order to develop, implement and evaluate educational activities (i.e., conferences, trainings, programs, etc.)and, in addition to meeting the SPF above. Four years of appropriate experience that demonstrated that you have acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field of the position. Specialized experience includes: developing, implementing and evaluating educational activities such as conference, trainings, and programs; planning and carrying out projects to improve the efficiency and productivity of mental illness and recovery programs and performing administrative duties.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor or higher degree that included a major field of study or specific course requirements in behavioral or social science or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Who is the client company
- The client organization provides patient care and federal benefits to veterans and their dependents.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org