Site Safety Manager
- South Bend, IN
What you'll be doing
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy. Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable company safety policies. Measure site performance against published requirements in safety policies. Deliver on-time and quality projects to operations. Analyze safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest. Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs. Audit recordkeeping practices and global safety database entries to ensure compliance to global safety standards and local regulations. Audit the workplace organization and associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent. Manage and mentor safety associates in your assigned FC. Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from safety teams, associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions. Ensure site leadership and associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy.
What your background should be
- Minimum 2+ years of work experience is required. Must be flexible regarding shifts. Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders. Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies. Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required.
Who is the client company
- One of the world's biggest online company with books, CD, video, toy electronic, online auction and free electronic greeting card.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org