- Houston, TX
What you'll be doing
- Prepares shipments by assembling, packing, protecting and labeling shipping units as needed. Determines method of shipment by examining items to be shipped, destination, route, rate and time of shipment. Ships items by verifying identifying information and quantity and condition of items; loading and protecting items. Documents items shipped by recording identifying information of items and transport information. Maintains shipping and receiving materials by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed materials; placing and expediting orders for materials; verifying receipt of materials. Fills out daily logistics report and daily shipping status report. Helps verify out-bound loads. Enters product returns and stock transfers as needed. Prepares outbound packages ready for UPS and delivers inbound items. Contacts sales when customer PO's are not in the system or if they duplicate orders. If inbound trucks are late, call the company and report it and report to the shipping manager its ETA. Keeps forms, office and shipping supplies available for the warehouse office. Provides excellent customer service when answering phones, taking messages and helping customers with any problem they may be experiencing. Completes shuttle orders and prints bills of lading for shuttles as needed. Assists with front office clerical operations as needed. Assists with month-end and year-end inventory process. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Insures fair, equitable and respectful interactions with coworkers, vendors and customers. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
What your background should be
- 1-3 years of general office or shipping or receiving experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting. Ability and willingness to work a flexible. Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette. Fluent in oral and written communication in English. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business applications and various reporting software. Exceptional interpersonal communication skills. Must be 18 years or older. Pass background, physical and drug exam. Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in organizational service areas, as required by duties. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common information, reports and other documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or company representatives. Ability to effectively present information to management.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school or general education diploma or equivalent. Some college strongly preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is an American beverage developer, manufacturer and distributor.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org