- San Diego, CA
What you'll be doing
- Conduct ship checks, attend meetings, participate in and assist craft personnel in setting up production schedules and manpower projections by reading and interpreting detailed work items, drawings and related budgeting and man-hour reports; assist with the make/buy process and subcontractor selection; ensure craft supervision and subcontractors are aware of milestones, key events and target dates for assigned work. Ability to assess production progress and discuss production status with the project management team; interface with other shipyard departments including estimating, quality assurance and testing, environmental, and production support.
What your background should be
- 5 years experience working with U.S. navy ship repair and modernization contracts. Must have experience with CG (Guided Missile Cruiser) class ships. At least 3 of the 5 years should be in a supervisory/project management environment. Proficient with microsoft software programs. Knowledge of shipboard work control procedures, tag out procedures, and government work authorization form (WAF) controls. Familiar with NAVSEA standard items. Ability to develop, prepare and recommend changes to the work flow process using the IDR (Inspection Discrepancy Report) process.
Required Schooling / Training
- High School or equivalent plus appropriate Trade / Armed Forces school. Bachelor degree in engineering preferred.
Who is the client company
- The company provides aerospace, defence and information security service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org