Shift Leader Trainee
- West Lafayette, IN
What you'll be doing
- Provide customer service leadership for designated shift and team of employee. Assist in training and coaching employee, helping ensure store position staffed to appropriately handle. Oversee the point of sale when a customer complete a purchase. Foster an environment focused on customer service and satisfaction. Help to ensure that employee follow all company policy and in compliance with federal, state and local law. Work in tandem with shift leader or co manager to ensure leadership is available to customer and employee at all time. Provide needed assistance in all aspect of store and food operation and hold a key leadership role when the store manager, co manager or shift leader is not on duty. Help ensure that all required report and paperwork, including but not limited to the exceptional customer experience (ECE) worksheet, are completed in a timely fashion. Handle escalated customer concern and emergency in absence of the store manager. Seek appropriate resolution for the situation while observing company guideline. Adhere to and train employee to follow proper money handling policy and procedure. Help ensure all merchandising and marketing program are executed properly. Assist in auditing inventory on a regular basis and help manage on hand quantity, adding back stock to display as needed. Maintain a safe environment for all customer and employee. Promote and maintain a clean and organized store appearance inside and out. Order product, verify delivery and post accurate invoice as directed by store manager. Learn how to conduct area pricing survey and report the result. Follow and comply with all health and sanitation procedure and adhere to safe work practice. Complete other duties, including special project, as assigned by management.
What your background should be
- Retail experience preferred. Completion of required training program. Excellent communication skills and the ability to research and resolve issues. Good understanding of intra department functions and store operations. Knowledge of all types of store transactions and related programs. Ability to work as a member of a team. Ability to perform repeated bending, standing and reaching. Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Exhibits strong leadership qualities and a desire to succeed. Understands, actively demonstrates and promotes the principles of the customer service initiative. Driving license required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- The client company is one of the largest petroleum product refiners, marketers and transporters in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org