Shift Leader Trainee
- Nitro, WV
What you'll be doing
- Provides customer service leadership for designated shift and team of employees. Assists in training and coaching employees, helping ensure store positions are staffed to appropriately handle customer service needs oversees the point of sale when a customer completes a purchase. Fosters an environment focused on customer services and satisfactions. Helps to ensure that employees follow all company policies and are in compliance with federal, state and local laws. Works in tandem with shift leaders or co-manager to ensure leadership is available to customers and employees at all times. Provides needed assistance in all aspects of store and food operations and holds a key leadership role when the store manager, co-manager or shift leader is not on duty. Helps ensure that all required reports and paperwork, including but not limited to the exceptional customer experience (ECE) worksheet, are completed in a timely fashion. Handles escalated customer concerns and emergencies in absence of the store manager. Seeks appropriate resolution for the situation while observing company guidelines. Adheres to, and trains employees to follow proper money handling policies and procedures. Helps ensure all merchandising and marketing programs are executed properly. Assists in auditing inventory on a regular basis and helps manage on-hand quantities, adding back stock to displays as needed. Integrates HES into day to day job performances. Maintains a safe environment for all customers and employees. Promotes and maintains a clean and organized store appearance inside and out. Orders products, verifies deliveries and posts accurate invoices as directed by store manager. Learns how to conduct area pricing surveys and reports the results. Learns how to conduct banking duties. Follows and complies with all health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices. Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by management.
What your background should be
- Retail experience preferred. Completion of required training program. Excellent communication skills and the ability to research and resolve issues. Good understanding of intra-department functions and store operations. Knowledge of all types of store transactions and related programs. Ability to work as a member of a team. Ability to perform repeated bending, standing, and reaching. Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Exhibits strong leadership qualities and a desire to succeed. Serves as a mentor to employees by modeling appropriate workplace behavior. Understands, actively demonstrates and promotes the principles of the customer service initiatives. Creates excitement around company initiatives in order to drive sales goals.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a gasoline-convenience store company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com