- Grand Forks, ND
What you'll be doing
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance tasks. Perform general repairs to process and packaging equipment as assigned by the packaging maintenance supervisor. Understand where all the replacement parts and components are kept and help keep the area organized. Read and follow instructions from machine manuals with regards to the proper maintenance of that piece of equipment. Work in cooperation with mechanics, engineering, technical and production supervisors or outside contractors as directed. Form, fabricate, and assemble components for repairs and/or modifications to existing equipment as well as experimental projects. Assist mechanics as needed. Clean all machinery, equipment and tools as required. Learn the beginning process of PLC’s, servos, and motor controls. Compile with all safety and GMP requirements. Complete required and appropriate paperwork. Perform other tasks as directed.
What your background should be
- 2 years trade tech or equivalent desired. Must have at least 3 months experience running packaging and computer equipment in the department. Must have basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic print reading and be able to use an ohm meter. Learn and practice trouble shooting skills and have the ability to reason out problems while moving the department forward. Must know how to repair, rebuild, setup, and changeover all equipment in the department, such as cloud machine, foil, car toner, check weigher, case packer, and palletize. Must have factory experience and possess good trouble shooting abilities as well as knowledge of the operations. Ability to communicate effectively with management and fellow employees. Knowledge of basic shop tool usage, knowledge of basic mechanical, and pneumatic systems and troubleshooting. Must be able follow instructions and work well independently. Must be able to identify potential problems and correct prior to breakdowns.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- A nation's leading manufacturer of engineered pasta for industry, institutions, and co-packers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org