Service Desk Technician
- Mequon, WI
What you'll be doing
- Field incoming requests to the service desk to ensure effective resolution of end user issues. Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications. Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been resolved. Document all pertinent end user identification information and nature of problem in call tracking application. Prioritize, dispatch and escalate problems, when required, to the appropriately experienced technician, tier-two resource or on-site coverage. Update call status as problem is dispatched, investigated and resolved. Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution. Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems. Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization. Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have experience in related field. Experience supporting Microsoft Windows O/S and Microsoft Office Suite and resolving associated problems. Experience supporting enterprise applications like E-mail, Intranet and ERP suites and resolving associated problems. Ability to organize and prioritize requests from internal customers. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills in working with employees at varying levels throughout the organization.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associates degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent school and IT experience.
Who is the client company
- This is a family-owned steel and iron production and manufacturing company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com