- Seattle, WA
What you'll be doing
- The server administrator will provide operational support and guidance to the company's internal clients. This role is responsible for performing a wide variety of daily server management tasks as well as providing recommendations for effective and efficient management of server systems. Responsible for providing technical support of servers, blades and various software applications including but not limited to Windows, Linux and VMware in a team environment. Answer questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage of assigned products. Responsible for day to day administration of servers. Maintain predictable performance levels. Responsible for performing daily operational tasks such as server provisioning and maintaining availability. Design and implement reliable, highly available architecture. Provision servers based on standardized procedures as outlined in internal documents. Perform necessary server infrastructure maintenance in accordance with internal best practices. Provide on-call and after-hours support as a part of team. Develop relationships with other infrastructure groups. Document critical processes and procedures to ensure consistency and quality. Assist in developing procedures and processes to ensure that audit and regulatory requirements are met.
What your background should be
- 5+ years of IT experience. 3-5 years of hands on server and storage support experience (in an enterprise environment). Must have significant knowledge in the following areas: system hardware and support contracts. Supporting applications within the server environment. Windows (Linux) with knowledge of both desirable. Experience with the following desired: Microsoft Server (2003-2012) preferred. Antivirus tools and utilities (SEP preferred). Microsoft or Linux patching utilities. SAN technology (EMC preferred) understanding a plus. Strong ability to provide accurate and valid information. Experience working in a fast paced enterprise production environment. Excellent communication and documentation skills. Strong ability to organize tasks and determine priorities.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree is required in computer science, business administration or related discipline.
Who is the client company
- This is an American diversified managed health care company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com