- Seattle, WA
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of servers. Performance tuning, maintaining predictable performance levels. Responsible for performing daily operational tasks such as server provisioning and maintaining availability. Design and implement reliable, highly available architecture. Provision servers based on standardized procedures as outlined in internal documents. Perform necessary server infrastructure maintenance in accordance with internal best practices. Provide on-call and after-hours support as a part of team. Develop relationships with other infrastructure groups. Document critical processes and procedures to ensure consistency and quality. Assist in developing procedures and processes to ensure that audit and regulatory requirements are met.
What your background should be
- Minimum 5+ years of IT experience. 3-5 years of hands on server and storage support experience. Must have significant knowledge in the following areas: system hardware and support contracts. Supporting applications within the server environment. Windows (&/or Linux) with knowledge of both desirable. Experience with the following desired: Microsoft Server (2003-2012) preferred. Microsoft/Linux patching utilities. SAN technology (EMC preferred) understanding a plus Data Domain/Avamar/EMC Networker Storage technologies. Strong ability to provide accurate and valid information. Experience working in a fast paced enterprise production environment. Excellent communication and documentation skills. Strong ability to organize tasks and determine priorities.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree is required in computer science, business administration or related discipline or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a diversified health care company that serves the markets for health benefits and services worldwide.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org