Senior Voice Engineer
- Phoenix, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Provide IP telephony and voice support for the company state of Arizona contracts. Includes call center and voice infrastructure design, installation and maintenance for new and current installations. Provide primary engineering design and configuration for voice and call center systems in line with state of Arizona goal and requirement. Lead voice communication projects. Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with deployed system design. Evaluate new products for compatibility and applicability to the state of Arizona network. Maintain current knowledge base regarding complex voice routing, voice switching, and voice design and configuration. Provide high level technical and engineering support for voice configuration, troubleshooting, and service restoration along with an understanding of switching, routing as it would affect voice trouble. Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues. Provide high level off hours support on a rotating basis with other on site engineers. Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex technical solution designs. Develop and document process flows. Monitor and analyze performance across the organization voice network and underlying LAN and WAN. Identify capacity and performance issues for communication traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of communication systems. Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans as it pertains to communication equipment to detect faults, and minimize malfunctions. Create and maintain documentation and reports as required. Act as liaison between state of Arizona and other network vendors on high level support issues. Provide direct interface with other departments in support of the state of Arizona network.
What your background should be
- TDM voice/VoIP/911 experience. Proficient in IPCC express and CMS (call management system) and other call center configurations, programming, and management. Understanding of network routing/switching and how it relates to IPT. Minimum 8 years experience in related voice work. Proficient PC skills in office applications (Excel, Visio, Word) and network connectivity configuration. Proficient presentation skills for presentations to technical and non technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non technical entities. Valid driving license and satisfactory driving record. Must be available 24/7 for network outages and maintenance window work. Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, organizational and multi tasking skills. Proven analytical and problem solving abilities. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment. 3 years current hands on experience with the following: Cisco layer 2 & 3 switch, router, configuration and management in relation to IPT.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in engineering, telecommunications or related technical field and 6+ years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Who is the client company
- This company is an industry leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com