Senior Underwriting Strategy Consultant
- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Analyze and leverage underwriting intelligence to define new or updated strategies that address competitive or operational opportunities to improve customer centricity and cost effectiveness of underwriting. Conduct a variety of complex analyses to flesh out new underwriting strategies including opportunity sizing, competitive benchmarking, quantitative business benefits estimation, cost estimates, ROI and financial sensitivities, feasibility studies, and other related analyses needed to evaluate and support new underwriting strategies. Develop and deliver communications and recommendations for management review that summarize the opportunity, alternatives, proposed solution, business case, risks, and other factors; present ideas for investment to the investment committee and others for funding for new and creative underwriting projects. Develop buy-in for recommendations through collaboration with partners across the enterprise throughout the development of analyses, conclusions and recommendations. Ensure underwriting guidelines and practices meet state and federal regulations. Develop and maintain strong relationships with LNB, legal, compliance, IT, product, actuarial, marketing/communications, and medical to drive collaboration and to ensure strong buy-in and support for new strategies while overcoming potential roadblocks. Perform other duties as assigned or required.
What your background should be
- Minimum 8+ years of experience comprising a combination of management consulting and business analysis roles within financial services or insurance. Ability to identify strategic topics and implications and develop strategic insights from quantitative and qualitative data. Strong skills and experience in applying quantitative methods to assess business opportunities and solve problems; skills in opportunity sizing, scenario development, cost/benefit analysis, financial analysis, sensitivity analysis. Ability to persuasively present ideas to others that achieve clarity, understanding, and commitment; actively create opportunities for dialogue and problem solving; demonstrate active listening skills. Strong decision-making and project management skills with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities. Advanced skills in Microsoft excel and PowerPoint.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field, with an advanced degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- A leading provider of insurance and other financial services to individual and institutional customers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org