Senior Technical Writer
- Hillsboro, OR
What you'll be doing
- Perform writing tasks on complex technical documentation projects for internal and external audience at all technical levels. Deliver writing projects on time and with high quality, writing directly in XML using Oxygen/DITA . Work directly with XML comments in source code, editing for reference documentation. Review product source code to document highly technical aspects such as data mapping. Install, administer, and maintain Windows Servers used to create and delivery product documentation. Maintain MS Search Server 2010; configure crawls and scopes, report analytics. Maintain Media wiki sites; script COL content updates. Configure IIS; keep servers healthy and maximize uptime. Act as backup for DITA build process admin; maintain build and delivery servers. Design, write, and maintain tools and scripts as needed by the team using XML, XSL, CSS, PHP, C#, and XAML to achieve desired results.
What your background should be
- Experience writing API and developer-related documentation. Experience writing product documentation directly in XML against the DITA schema. Experience administering Microsoft servers in general and SharePoint Search Server in particular. Experience programming with XML, XSL, CSS, PHP, C#, and XAML.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in english, writing, education, or sciences or equivalent work experience.
Who is the client company
- This is an American worldwide provider of financial services technology.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com