Senior Quality Lab Technician
- Niles, IL
What you'll be doing
- Conduct tests for stated criteria, involving mechanical, electrical, audio, environmental and electromechanical functions. Perform testing on prototypes, components, sub-assemblies, existing and competitor products. Assist in evaluating of test results and determining if products are in conformance. Troubleshoot issues with test fixtures, components, and products. Perform assembly processes on fixtures and products such as soldering, de-soldering, wire stripping, cutting, and harnessing. Analyze data using appropriate software tools such as excel or Minitab and present it in a clear manner. Prepare formal and informal tests reports. Contribute to failure analysis efforts with test results. Assist blue ribbon teams with planning of product qualification. Participate in the development of new laboratory processes and procedures as required. Plan and maintain lab facilities for maximum efficiencies. Assist in planning, procurement, assembly and implementation of test equipment. Assist in analyzing equipment failures. Design, fabricate and modify test equipment and fixtures for testing of prototypes, components, sub-assemblies, existing and competitor products. Perform routine maintenance of test equipment/instruments to maintain accuracy, precision and fitness for use. Order equipment and parts needed to maintain and repair equipment. Assist with the training of new technicians. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on assignments requiring judgment and initiative. ASQ certification as CQT or other applicable certification is strongly preferred. Experience in troubleshooting issues with test fixtures, components, and products. Skilled at performing assembly processes on fixtures and products such as soldering, de-soldering, wire stripping, cutting, and harnessing. Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously required. Working knowledge of ISO 9000 and/or ISO 17025. Basic knowledge of engineering sciences such as physics and mechanics. Understanding of electroacoustic test and measurement principals would be helpful. Ability to use various mechanical, electrical and acoustical measurement devices. Self-motivated and able to complete projects with strict guidelines. Ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments with little supervision. Provide guidance to lower-level technicians. Ability to remain current on developing technologies which may be applicable to product testing. Computer literate to a trainer level in Microsoft office applications. Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Associate degree in electronics preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is an American audio products corporation.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org