Senior Principal Mainframe Programmer
- Albany, GA
What you'll be doing
- The senior principal mainframe programmer is responsible to complete technical designs, technical enhancements, coding, and unit testing, provide system integration testing support, provide release/implementation support for web and non-web applications software hosted on mid-tier and ibm 360 mainframe environments. The candidate will generate and document technical design solutions (operational view, system view) and generate, document and execute unit test plans, to include recording testing results. S/he will review, analyze, interpret it system design documents and translate into functioning software solutions. Perform deep dive technical analysis to develop sound technical solutions. Compile software modules, research and resolve compiler issues/errors, and support it analyst in release/implementation of software changes. Generate/recommend technical improvements (process, tools). S/he will conduct/participate in peer reviews (technical), generate code, and debug code using multiple debugging tools and techniques. Post all changes into an approved configuration management tool. Generate it investment/divestments papers/documents. Generate detail task lists, with start/end dates. Analyze production failures and resolve as quickly as possible. Generate supporting elements to execute software (job control language, execution jcl, scripts). Implement new technologies, as required/mandated. Collaborate with it analyst to develop it solutions and provide system integration test support. Communicate successfully with support organizations (database administrators, configuration management). This position will design, database schema, to include data load.
What your background should be
- The ideal candidate should have 10 to 15 years of directly related computer programming experience. S/he should have knowledge in providing information technology (it) service support; analytical and programming support; specifically, the enterprise support division (esd); software support division (ssd); command support division (csd); enterprise architecture division (ead); and operations preferred. The contractor shall be required to provide employees who are itil foundation certified and practitioner certified in change and release management. Dod 8570 certificate required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is an American aerospace and defense company formed by mergers and divestitures.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org