Senior Financial Manager
- Cambridge, MA
What you'll be doing
- Senior financial manager will be expected to develop a broad understanding of research and development financial and operational issues, to provide critical business analyses to senior management. Regular, monthly and ad hoc reports; to include actual results, comparison to established target levels, and forecasted estimates. Will include identification of variances and the operational drivers analysis, defining implications to the business and suggested actions. She/he will prepare and submit the annual budget including funding levels, capital planning and the categorization and timing of spend. Will work with senior management to identify reallocation and savings opportunities, and then coordinate budget needs with the global team. Responsible for ongoing analysis of spend in the line and the early identification of variances and changes in requirements. He/she will be responsible for ensuring compliance with financial accounting and control principles and policy compliance. Lead projects that cross sites and lines, coordinating the efforts of other analysts on your matrixed teams. Example of this include identification of best business practices, and reviewing processes to enhance standardization across sites.
What your background should be
- 5+ years of related business/financial experience. Excellent leadership, presentation and oral/written communication skills, along with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment are also critical to success. Some travel to groton to meet with other R&D finance team members is required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required. MBA and/or CPA or equivalent strongly preferred.
Who is the client company
- A multinational pharmaceutical corporation which develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org