- Boulder, CO
What you'll be doing
- The senior engineer analyzes, designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and perform testing and debugging of applications. As a member of the software engineering division, the senior engineer will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. The person will create new architecture for a moderate size product or a portion of a major product. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Senior engineer will review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general. Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommend and justify major changes to existing products/services/processes.
What your background should be
- 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience. 10+years of experience in software development required. Experience in developing either search or machine learning (ML) solutions required. Proficient in C/C++ and java related technologies. Experience in python and strong mathematical background required. Experience using SOLR/Lucene or similar scalable search systems preferred. Expertise in tuning large scale JVMs preferred. Previous work experience on agile/scrum teams preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area required.
Who is the client company
- This is a provider of enterprise software and computer hardware products and services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org