Senior Director, Corporate Governance
- New York, NY
What you'll be doing
- Play significant role in the development, management and execution of environmental, social and governance policy related to client companies global active ownership activity across the enterprise. This include supervise the execution of domestic and international proxy vote on a timely basis consistent with establish policy and analyze associated issue with the greatest impact to portfolio companies. Work internally with executive management and trustee in the development and implementation of proxy voting policy relate to governance and CSR. Review domestic and international regulatory development and best practice relate to corporate governance and CSR. Represent client company on matter relate to governance and CSR through committee membership, industry conference and other speaking engagement. Act as liaison with institutional investor group, professional association, advocacy group and other organization for the purpose of share information and promote policy and principle of good governance and responsible corporate behavior both domestically and globally. Produce and supervise the production of corporate governance and social responsibility thought governance piece for internal and external audience. Provide advice on corporate governance related issue to company senior leadership team, including the office of the CEO. Significant supervisory and management duty of corporate governance staff. Coordinate administration of the corporate governance department prepare departmental budget and internal report, negotiate contract with service provider, ensure that internal compliance and procedural requirement met. Develop departmental business plan and assume line responsibility for successful, efficient implementation of these plan. Review and approve budget, ensure their alignment with corporate business objective and plan.
What your background should be
- 10 plus years of experience in financial services industry or 10 plus years of experience with relevant regulatory legal actions and procedures is required. Experience in corporate governance thought leadership activities such as public speaking and creating written materials is required. Experience with managing budgets and direct reports is required. Professional knowledge and experience relating to domestic and global corporate governance and corporate social responsibility (CSR), including legal and regulatory issues is required. Advanced knowledge of financial markets and investment issues is required. Established relationships and credibility within the corporate governance community (e.g., thought leader, professional, institutional investor, issuer, regulator). Ability to communicate effectively with directors and internal executive management. Ability to negotiate with executive at portfolio companies. Excellent organizational, writing and research skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree required; advanced/professional degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a financial services organization that is the leading provider of retirement services in the academic, research, medical and cultural fields.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com