Senior Diesel Technician/Mechanic
- San Antonio, TX
What you'll be doing
- The senior diesel technician/mechanic performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI); troubleshoots, repairs and rebuilds major components on vehicles and equipment. The responsible person for this position ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components. Performs preventive maintenance inspections and ensures the timely and effective repair of any problems identified during an inspection. The incumbent performs proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment. Provides assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel. Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs. Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts. Advises supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the standard repair times. Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method. Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Conducts safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required. In the absence of supervision the incumbent may also provide maintenance supervisory duties.
What your background should be
- The ideal candidate must be 21 years of age or older. Valid driver license is required and the applicant must have a clean driving record. Valid CDL and a clean driving record is preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED and four plus years previous experience is required.
Who is the client company
- The client is one of the largest waste management firms in the United States that provides reliable and responsible recycling and waste disposal services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com