Senior Consultant Product Management
- Walnut Creek, CA
What you'll be doing
- Product manager is responsible for the end-to-end management of any assigned vertical solutions. This position performs mid-to-high level activities including client requirements collection, analysis, and leading product development and enhancements through the product lifecycle. This role includes setting and communicating product strategy and leading the resulting product management efforts. Product manager position is focused on merchant payments / point of sales solution market with demonstrated experience working with merchant service companies / acquiring banks, payments card networks, etc. Strategy and roadmap development. Driving new development initiatives from inception though launch including managing the product development launch processes. Develop product requirements; use cases; user stories and other information to lead the solution through the development processes. Evaluate software and/or hardware solutions. Own business execution plan for assigned solutions, products, etc. and work with marketing and other teams for delivery of associated business revenue and profitability goals. Quarterly development and release cycles. Identifying ongoing opportunities for operational efficiencies, to ensure customer satisfaction in order to continue revenue growth and increased market share. Communicate product vision and strategies to varied audiences, including executives and cross functional teams engagement with customers, sales, and marketing, and other stakeholders to define the requirements and roadmap quarterly business reviews with the vendor to drive business objectives. Customer engagement where necessary to drive escalated support issues.
What your background should be
- 4-10 years business analysis and merchant payments / point of sales solutions industry experience. Strong design skills and problem solving capabilities. Ability to conduct requirements or design sessions. Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap, moving a project from inception to completion. Demonstrated robust business understanding of large enterprise vertical solutions. Understanding of technology landscape. Strong written and oral communication skills at multiple levels of an organization. The ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects. Fundamental understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) experience writing marketing requirements and developing processes to launch products to a diverse sales organizations. Proven organizational and interpersonal skills, plus proven relationship building abilities. Strong problem solving skills. Must be able to identify and escalate potential issues as well as implement recommended solutions.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS required, MS/MBA preferred
Who is the client company
- Concern about wireless technology and telecommunications services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org