Senior Commercial Insurance Underwriter
- Austin, TX
What you'll be doing
- Evaluates new business and re-evaluates existing policies of commercial insurance to enhance the quality and maintain proper rate class administration to fund losses and contribute to profitability and communicates technical support to all internal and external customers. Establishes collaborative relationships with agencies to understand the external marketplace and underwrites within established performance standards and priorities that are responsive to marketing, underwriting, retention and service goals. Accepts, modifies or rejects risks based on a review of business in terms of loss experience, inspection reports, file information, web resources, policyholder tenure, related policies and nature of risk in accordance with company guidelines, standards and compliance with state laws. Provides documentation for any exceptions to established guidelines and critical account information relating to the final underwriting decision.
What your background should be
- Four or more years of commercial multi-line underwriting experience is required. Specialized insurance courses a plus like CPCU. Commercial insurance experience highly preferred. Excellent communication, organization and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail. Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment. Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or higher.
Who is the client company
- Concern about financial services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org