Senior Billing Manager
- Windsor, CT
What you'll be doing
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. Manages the planning and direction of billing activities, including the maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements. Prepares and maintains account records and billing data, and organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities. Oversees the efficient operation and cost-effectiveness of operating systems and programs. Monitors billing work processes, procedures and expenses, and establishes programs which drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals. Provides support to all area operations and accounting departments to answer billing related issues. Works with all sales functions, including public sector to respond to RFPs insuring customer needs are met. Responsible for insuring all billing-related SOX controls are in place and effective. Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions. Direct supervision of 1-2 supervisors and managers. Direct and/or indirect supervision of 10-25 full-time billing clerks.
What your background should be
- This position requires bachelors degree, or equivalent experience, in accounting, business administration or similar area of study, and seven years previous experience. Two years in a supervisory role. Experience directly supervising of 1-2 supervisors and managers. Experience directly and/or indirectly supervising of 10-25 fulltime billing clerks. Experience with budgets, setting policies, and learning and development. Strongly preferred if a bachelors degree in accounting, business administration or similar area of study, and seven years previous experience in a progressively responsible billing role that includes staff management. Experience in a fortune 500 organization. Career billing expert. Proven project management skills. Demonstrated strategic thinking. Six sigma certified.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Who is the client company
- The company is provides environmental services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com